Same-day CT scan from just £490
Doctaly provides an end-to-end service, covering the whole process and offering you complete peace of mind - all you have to do is go to your appointment and wait for your results. The following steps are included in the price:
- Your initial consultation with a doctor
- Referral for your CT scan
- Scan carried out
- Review of your results by the doctor
- Communication of your results
- Follow-on advice from the doctor (if required)
Read more below or...
Our clinicians can arrange a wide variety of scans, including CT scans, sometimes referred to as CAT scans or computed tomography scans. CT scans use X-rays and a computer to create detailed images of the inside of the body and are carried out at one of our partner clinics, by a trained radiologist.
The scan will typically take around 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area being scanned and how many images are taken.
CT scans are typically used to:
- Diagnose conditions – including damage to bones, injuries to internal organs, problems with blood flow, stroke, and cancer
- Guide further tests or treatments – for example, CT scans can help determine the location, size and shape of a tumour before having radiotherapy, or allow a doctor to take a needle biopsy (where a small tissue sample is removed using a needle) or drain an abscess
- Monitor conditions – including checking the size of tumours during and after cancer treatment
CT scans wouldn't normally be used to check for problems if you don't have any symptoms, as the benefits of screening may not outweigh the risks. The benefits and risks of having a CT scan will always be carefully considered before recommended, and our doctors would always thoroughly assess you to ensure that your request for a CT scan is clinically appropriate.
1) Fill out and submit our simple form with your request, providing supporting documentation whenever possible to assist the doctor in making a decision. Please note that we monitor and process all requests during normal business hours.
2) One of our Doctors will review your request and sometimes they may request further information to clarify or arrange a consultation in order to complete the request. However, if he/she confirms that it is clinically appropriate, you will be contacted with the price of your requested scan and the nearest clinics that have the required equipment.
3) If you wish to proceed, you will be sent a payment link by email. Our prices include the cost of the scan and the cost of the doctor’s time in reviewing and feeding back your results. In most cases, results will be available within 48 hours depending on the scan.
4) Once payment is received, we will arrange the consultation (if needed) and create the referral. Your preferred clinic will be in touch with you directly to make an appointment. Once we receive the results, our admin team will arrange a suitable time for your follow up appointment with the doctor.
Unfortunately, some of our partner clinics are only able to treat patients above the age of 18 – we will notify you of any issues during the booking process.
Your initial screening from our doctor will cost you nothing. We will then notify you of the cost of the requested scan, starting from just £490 (which includes the doctor following up with your results) and will email you a payment link if you wish to proceed.
The cost of the doctor's time for the initial referral, as well as reviewing and feeding back your results is included in our prices.
Please note that our systems are fully secure and compliant with all GDPR regulations. Your personal data will never be shared with any third parties without your explicit consent.